1. Canada Revenue Agency (CRA): Very useful video about Benefits and Credits, available in 12 different languages (+ transcripts):
2. Canada Child Benefit (CCB): Overview and how to apply. The CCB is a tax-free monthly payment for eligible families to help with the cost of raising children under 18 years of age.
3. CRA: Child and family benefits calculator:
4. Free Income Tax Clinics:
Volunteer-run tax clinics operate yearly, hosted by community organization. Many have multilingual volunteers.
5. CRA: Form to authorize a representative:
This form is used to authorize someone to speak to CRA on your behalf.
6. Financial Services Commission of Ontario:
An organization mandated to regulate the insurance sector; pension plans; loans and trust companies; credit unions etc. The commission is a great resource for individuals seeking information or assistance in these areas. http://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/
1. ABC Life Literacy Canada: A non-profit organization that aims to strengthen organizations that promote adult learning with high-quality introductory learning materials and resources written in clear language. https://abclifeliteracy.ca/financial-literacy/
They have workbooks and through AURA can arrange workshops for families or small groups. The workshops cover one workbook.
Click here to download the workbooks: Workbook 1 (in English, in Arabic) Workbook 2 (in English, in Arabic)
2. Government of Canada - Financial literacy programs:
Educational materials to help students and adults increase their financial knowledge and skills. https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/financial-literacy-programs.html
e-Learning videos — Financial Basics: https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/financial-basics/financial-basics-videos.html
3. Smart SAVER: This online resource is about RESPs (available in languages by clicking on “Select Your Language” top left). https://www.smartsaver.org/index.shtml
4. WoodGreen’s Financial Empowerment Services provide free information, counselling and support to low-income members of the community who have financial challenges.https://www.woodgreen.org/services/programs/financial-empowerment/
5. Access Alliance: Financial Literacy Supports and Financial Coaching: